Work Just Isn’t Very Profitable Now Days
Originally posted on THE WESTERN EXPERIENCE:
Zero Hedge made some interesting points about the nation’s economy and the welfare system. I won’t simply cut and paste the post he put effort in producing, so I’ll include some of his findings pulled from various agencies. I recommend reading his post.
- For increasingly more it is now more lucrative – in the form of actual disposable income – to sit, do nothing, and collect various welfare entitlements, than to work.
- The single mom is better off earnings gross income of $29,000 with $57,327 in net income & benefits than to earn gross income of $69,000 with net income and benefits of $57,045.
- For every 1.65 employed persons in the private sector, 1 person receives welfare assistance
- For every 1.25 employed persons in the private sector, 1 person receives welfare assistance or works for the government.
- 110 million privately employed workers; 88 million welfare recipients and government workers and…
View original 136 more words