According to a recent Gallup poll, 11% of Americans think Barack Obama is a Muslim -- in contrast, I suppose, to the other 89% who know he's a Marxist. The punditocracy claims to be baffled by this. As Pamela Geller writes:
[...] the leftist media just can't figure out why anyone would get that idea. Slate concluded that it must be because of "his exotic name and background, the color of his skin, or (most likely) some combination of the two." But in reality, the reason why people think Obama is a Muslim is because of how he acts.