A West Virginia woman has filed a lawsuit against HCR Manorcare for nursing home neglect, alleging that one of the nursing home chain’s facilities let a relative’s health deteriorate due to poor care.
The nursing home wrongful death lawsuit was filed by Angela Black on March 28 in Kanawha Circuit Court in West Virginia. The complaint names HCR Manor Care Services and a number of other defendants.
According to the lawsuit, Black’s relative, Arcel Rose, died in March 2009 after his health deteriorated while being cared for by Manorcare. As a result of neglect, the family alleges that Rose suffered from nursing home dehydration and malnutrition, untreated bedsores and nursing home infections. The problems caused Rose to suffer mental and physical trauma and, eventually, death. read more
- Detecting Abuse and Neglect from Improperly Trained Nursing Home Workers
- How to Pick the Right Nursing Home
- State fines nursing home $100K in patient’s death
- Lawsuits Aren’t Improving Nursing Home Care
- half of the nursing home residents surveyed said that they had been victims of abuses, including hitting, slapping or rough handling by their caregivers”
Powered by ScribeFire.